ACCOUNTING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
This unique position supports the Finance and Customer Service Departments. You will represent the company by providing exceptional service to customers by phone or email and processing accurate sales requests. You will also assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other finance department responsibilities.
To thrive in this role, you must have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, the ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work independently within a team environment. Dairyland has a thriving company culture, an incredible customer base, and clear avenues for advancement within our organization.
Primary Responsibilities (functions, job duties, tasks, etc.):
- Answer and direct incoming calls, e-mail, and website requests.
- Perform Customer Service lifecycle activities including resolve general customer requests, maintain customer accounts, manage quotes and orders, coordinate production and delivery schedules, and generate customer invoices, credit memos, and returns.
- Identify sales opportunities, follow up on quotations, and provide information or solutions to move customers along the path to purchase.
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure thorough customer assistance and a high quality of work.
- Process accounts payable transactions in coordination with the Supply Chain dept.
- Manage customer payments, sales tax, collections, and account questions.
- Monthly reconciliations of financial accounts.
- Assist Customer Service and Finance departments with projects as needed.
- Associate degree in business related field and 6-months customer service experience or three years customer service experience. Accounting experience preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task, follow procedures and meet deadlines, while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Exceptional customer services skills including strong oral and written ability to communicate complex or technical concepts with customers, which may include international contacts.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Familiarity with accounting, ERP, and/or CRM products preferred.
- See Company profile for additional core competencies.
- Reports to Customer Service Manager and Financial Controller.
- Regular contact with peers in all departments.
- Able to sit for extended periods and efficiently perform work on a computer.
- Able to answer phones and communicate effectively.
- Able to occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- May include occasional travel, including to out-of-state trade shows and conferences.
For more information about Dairyland Electrical Industries, please visit www.dairyland.com.
To apply online, please visit https://dairyland-electrical-industries-inc.prismhr-hire.com/job/429831/accounting-and-customer-service-representative