Division Manager | Human Services | Direct Support Professional
Use your passion to help others in a leadership role!
As a Division Manager (DM), you will foster a positive team morale and are responsible to supervise and mentor 5-10 Community Support Managers (CSMs) on your team. Under your supervision, your team of CSMs and Supported Living Staff provide supported living services to individuals with disabilities who live in their own home in their community. You will work as a team to help people we support live their best life, and achieve their goals. The DM gives foundational support to staff and CSMs in their jobs, and values their opinions and goals.
The Division Manager provides guidance, problem-solving and consultation for individuals supported by CLC, and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, people supported, their families and guardians, external organizations and the general public. The DM shares on-call responsibilities with their team, and at times works in the homes of the people we support.
The Division Manager is one of the highest levels of support for the agency’s mission. This role develops support plans, implementing individualized and person-centered supports tailored to each individual’s needs. CLC is seeking someone who will continually pursue providing higher quality services. Critical thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving are key qualities in this position. Must be organized and able to adapt to current situations as well as shifting priorities. This position requires someone who demonstrates professionalism, who can remain calm under stress, with crisis management skills. We’re looking for a strong leader who finds themselves asking others “What can I do to be helpful?”
- To be considered, applicants will first and foremost have the desire to positively impact people's lives
- A degree in Human Services or a related field preferred
- Solid work history
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills required
- Ability to routinely make sound decisions regarding complex issues
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Family Care, IRIS, or supported living would be beneficial
- Access to a vehicle in good working condition, a WI driver’s license, proof of adequate auto insurance and acceptable driving record are required.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must have an acceptable background
- Full-Time position
- Salary: $60,000/year + bonuses and additional benefits based on qualifications and experience
- Excellent benefits: Health Insurance with $0 deductible, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, 401(k) Plan with 2% company match after 2 years of employment, Vision Insurance, and generous paid vacation and sick time.
- The Division Manager reports to the Chief People Officer
- This position posting will remain open until filled.
- Located in Madison, WI
To apply, please complete the application form at https://www.clconnections.org/employment-application and submit a letter of interest which must include why you want this position.
It is our mission to support individuals to live their best life in their own home and in their community. Community Living Connections is a local, non-profit agency which supports individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and frail elders to live as independently as possible, in their own homes. The supports CLC provides are flexible, person-centered and committed. CLC has provided services in Dane County since 2004, and in 2019 expanded services to Fond du Lac, Dodge, and Grant Counties. AA/EOE