Manager in Human Services / Healthcare
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to further your career in Human Services and join a fun and exciting team!
Become a Community Support Manager and earn $17.00/hour!
The CSM gives guidance to Supported Living Staff, and provides supported living services to individuals with disabilities in their home and community. Together you will work as a team to help people we support live their best life, and achieve their goals.
Get to know the people we support, their aspirations, and help them strive for their goals! Your role includes assuring the health and safety needs of people we support are met. CSMs also play a crucial role in helping individuals to make connections and build meaningful relationships within their community.
The ideal candidate has: strong leadership and supervisory skills. Ability to advocate for others' best interests. Excellent critical thinking, analytical skills, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to adapt to the current situation and shift priorities as needed. Remain calm under stress, and effectively manage crisis situations.
Responsibilities of a Community Support Manager include:
- Identifying, coordinating and monitoring community services for individuals on their caseload.
- Supervise, support and train direct care staff.
- Communicate with families/guardians, care managers, and other members of the individual's support teams.
- Conduct 2nd interviews.
- Carry the emergency cell phone according to the rotation.
- Work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Work well independently as well as with a team
- To be considered, applicants will first and foremost have the desire to positively impact people's lives.
- A degree in Human Services or a related field preferred.
- If you do not have experience in the field, but are eager to learn, CLC provides paid training to meet the needs of our employees and the people we support.
- Solid work history and prior experience working with adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting and supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Family Care and IRIS programs would be beneficial.
- This position requires strong supervisory and leadership skills and the ability to routinely make sound decisions regarding complex issues.
- A Wisconsin driver's license, an acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle in good working condition, and appropriate insurance is required.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Must have an acceptable background
Benefits for Full Time Employees and their families:
- Health Insurance - Quartz/ Unity HMO with $0 deductible!
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Long Term Disability - 100% covered by employer
- Short Term Disability
- Travel assistance program, Employee assistance program, and Will preparation program
Additional benefits available to all employees:
- Casual dress code.
- Friendly work environment.
- Positive culture.
- Flexible schedule.
- Referral bonus program.
- Free Quillo account, a tool by and for caregivers!
To apply, please fill out the online application at www.clconnections.org/careers.php
Community Living Connections is a local nonprofit organization, with the mission to support individuals to live their best life in their own home and in their community. AA/EOE