2018 Syttende Mai Classic 17 Mile Walk
Saturday, May 19, 2018 · 6:00 — 7:00 am Rolling Start
For up-to-date race information, Like and Follow us on Facebook!
The Syttende Mai 17 mile walk begins with a rolling start between 6:00 - 7:00 am on Saturday, May 19th.
Race starts here:
The Field Auto Group
(formerly The Badger Bowl)
506 E. Badger Rd.
The course travels from Madison to Stoughton, following the same route as the 20-mile Syttende Mai Run, using the last 17 miles.
17-Mile Walk Entry Fees
$35 before December 31, 2017
$40 Jan 1 – April 19, 2018
$45 Apr 20 – May 9, 2018
$50 After May 9, 2018
- Online registrations must be received by 11:59pm on Thursday, May 17, 2018.
- Paper applications must be postmarked by Monday, May 7, 2018.
DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION
- You can register the morning of the race starting at 5:45 at the starting line.
- Please be patient. NO EARLY REGISTRATION.
- The 17 Mile walk is anticipated to start at The Field Auto Group (formerly The Badger Bowl,) 506 E. Badger Rd., Madison, Wisconsin.
- Water and portable toilets are available at the start.
PACKET PICK UP
- You must pick up your packet the morning of the event only.
- Your packet ONLY contains your number and pins.
- Packets are not available prior to race morning.
- Packets are available starting at 5:45am at the Starting Line/Registration area on Badger Road.
- Allow sufficient time to pick up your packet.
- Wear your number displayed clearly on the front of your body to identify yourself as a participant.
- Your t-shirt and other goodies are all at the finish line!
- Walkers may start walking between 6:00am and 7:00am.
- Note this is a rolling start, open early for your convenience, however there is limited staffing on the course before 7:00am.
- Before 7:00am there are limited aid stations and police controlled intersections.
- Your Syttende Mai Classic commemorative t-shirt is a FINISHER SHIRT that you will receive at the finish line only.
FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Buses are available for runners and walkers before and after the race.
- At 5:30am, buses before the race will begin leaving from Mandt Park in Stoughton, taking you to the run and walk starting lines.
- The last bus leaves Stoughton at 7:00am to accommodate the 8:00am start time for the 10-mile run.
- After the race, return buses will travel from Mandt Park in Stoughton to the Madison Capitol Square and Badger Bowl only.
- Return buses depart from Mandt Park beginning at 11:00am. The last bus departs at 1:00pm.
- Water is provided at the start, along the course, and at the finish.
- Gatorade is provided at aid stations along on the course.
- Fruit and refreshments will be available at the finish line until 1:00 pm. (For runners and walkers only!)
OTHER GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION
- The 17 Mile Walk is not a timed walk, and no prizes are awarded.
- Absolutely no support vehicles, animals, bicycles, baby joggers, skateboards, roller skates, in-line skates, roller skis or other wheeled vehicles will be permitted on the race course (except course marshals).
- Runners receiving aid from any of the aforementioned will be subject to disqualification.
- You must walk/run a maximum of 2 abreast and stay on the left side of the road.
- Syttende Mai officials reserve the right to disqualify any participant for inappropriate action or behavior.