2018 Syttende Mai Classic 20 Mile Run
46th Annual 20 Mile Run from Madison's Capitol Square to Stoughton
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Run Start Time: 7:30am
2018 REGISTRATION HAS BEGUN!
For up-to-date race information, Like and Follow us on Facebook!
Beginning at the Capitol Square in Madison, and ending at Mandt Park in Stoughton, the Syttende Mai Festival 20 Mile Run is one of Wisconsin's longest running races. The timing chips start with the opening shot, so don't be late!
Click Here to register!
We encourage everyone to use our online system. Paper applications are available at the Stoughton Chamber.
Stoughton Chamber of Commerce
532 E. Main Street
Stoughton WI 53589
20 Mile Run Entry Fees
$50 on or before December 31, 2017
$55 Jan 1 – April 19, 2018
$60 Apr 20 – May 9, 2018
$65 After May 9, 2018
- Online registrations must be received by 11:59pm on Thursday, May 17, 2018.
- Paper applications must be postmarked by Monday, May 7, 2018.
DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION
- You can register the morning of the race between 6:00am - 7:00am at the Capitol Square.
- Location: Corner of Main Street and Martin Luther King Blvd.
- 20 Mile Run starts near the corner of Main Street and Martin Luther King Blvd. on the Capitol Square.
- Water and portable toilets are available at the start.
RACE PACKET PICK UP
- Race packets are not available prior to May 19.
- You may pick up your packet the morning of the race at 6:00am at the Starting Line/Registration Area.
- Allow sufficient time to pick up your packet.
- Your packet contains ONLY your number, timing chip, and pins.
- Wear your number displayed clearly on the front of your body to identify yourself as a participant.
- Your t-shirt and other goodies are all at the finish line!
- Your Syttende Mai Classic commemorative t-shirt is a FINISHER SHIRT that you will receive at the finish line only.
- Since this is a point-to-point race, 'gear bag' transportation is provided.
- Place your personal items in a personal gear bag, or a plastic bag provided by race volunteers, at the starting line.
- Personal/gear bags are transported for you, free of charge, to the finish line.
- Race volunteers oversee the bags, but do not leave valuables in your gear bag.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen valuable items.
FREE BUS TRANSPORTATION — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Buses are available for runners and walkers before and after the race.
- At 5:30am, buses before the race begin leaving from Mandt Park in Stoughton, taking you to the run and walk starting lines.
- The last bus leaves Stoughton at 7:00am to accommodate the 8:00am start time for the 10-mile run.
- 20 mile runners SHOULD NOT wait for the last buses. You must take an early shuttle to arrive in Madison for the 7:30am start.
- No parking is available at the 10 mile run start. You need to either be dropped off, or take the bus from Mandt Park to the starting area.
- After the race, return buses will travel from Mandt Park in Stoughton to the Madison Capitol Square and Badger Bowl only.
- Return buses depart from Mandt Park beginning at 11:00am. The last bus departs at 1:00pm.
- Water provided at the start, along the course at approximately 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, and 18 miles, and at the finish.
- Gatorade provided at aid stations along on the course.
- Fruit and refreshments will be available at the finish line until 1:00 pm. (For runners and walkers only!)
- The run will be timed by Race Day Events, using the MYLAPS BibTag timing system.
- Your timing tag is on the back of your bib and does not need to be returned after the race.
- Your bib must be properly worn for the timing mats to read your bib tag and record accurate results.
MALE & FEMALE AGE GROUPS
Open Open M 19 and under F 19 and under M 20-29 F 20-29 M 30-39 F 30-39 M 40-49 F 40-49 M 50-59 F 50-59 M 60-69 F 60-69 M 70+ F 70+
AWARDS CEREMONY INFORMATION
- The Awards Ceremony takes place at 10:30am at Mandt Park in Stoughton.
- 1st Place Winners: Hand painted rosemaled plates to winners in each division.
- 2nd & 3rd Place winners: Race medals for each division.
- You must be present to receive your award. Awards will not be mailed.
- Results are posted at the finish line.
- Complete results will be available on our website by the Tuesday after the race.
- Absolutely no support vehicles, animals, bicycles, baby joggers, skateboards, roller skates, in-line skates, roller skis or other wheeled vehicles will be permitted on the race course (except course marshals).
- Runners receiving aid from any of the aforementioned will be subject to disqualification.
- You must walk/run a maximum of 2 abreast and stay on the left side of the road.
- Syttende Mai officials reserve the right to disqualify any participant for inappropriate action or behavior.