2020 US 51 (Main Street) Construction Updates
Weekly Construction Update: US 51, West Main Street
July 2, 2020
Weekly Construction Update:
US 51, West Main Street
This is the weekly update for the US 51 construction project from Hoel Avenue to Page Street in the City of Stoughton. If you would like to be removed from this list or have another person added to the list, please email me their name, affiliation, and email address. We will add them to the list for future updates. These updates will consist of traffic updates, a summary of work completed, and what is upcoming.
Crew pouring concrete in a base patch located between Pine Street and Nora Street.
Work Completed Since Last Update
This week crews continued to remove existing concrete at base patching, curb and gutter spot replacements, and curb ramps and sidewalks at intersections. Crews have been busy pouring curb and gutter and pouring concrete in the base patches between Hoel Avenue and Van Buren Street. Excavation and aggregate base placement occurred between Van Buren Street and South Harrison Street.
Did you know? Flexible tubular markers are placed to delineate traffic to help maintain safety through the project. These markers are placed closer together at driveway and intersection locations to not allow left turns, along with additional no left turn and one-way signs. Left turns can cause queuing of traffic and increase the chances for crashes. Please obey all traffic signs for the safety of all.
Traffic will remain in the following configuration:
From Hoel Avenue to Van Buren Street:
· Traffic is shifted onto the north side of the road, while work is being done on the south side of the road. Traffic is restricted to one 11-foot lane in each direction.
· Left turns are prohibited at Kings Lynn Road, Hamilton Street, King Street, Gjertson Street, and at all residential and commercial entrances.
· The following intersections are closed: Rowe Street, Nora Street, and Pine Street.
· King Street will be opening (with left turns prohibited) and Nora Street will be closed starting Monday, June 30.
· Gjerston Street is planned to be closed starting Thursday, July 9th until Sunday, July 19th.
From Van Buren Street to Page Street:
· This segment of US 51 (West Main Street) is closed to through traffic.
· The following intersections are closed with access only to residences and businesses located within this segment: South Harrison Street, South Monroe Street, South Madison Street, South Prairie Street.