Visit the Stoughton Historical Society Museum. This building was the Universalist Church built in 1858. Luke Stoughton donated the land and the church members hauled the cream brick used from Milwaukee by oxen team. Universalists were a congregation who believed in equality of all people, women included. They were careful not to wear fancy clothing or drive fancy carriages to church so as not to upstage fellow parishioners. Over the years many other denominations have used the building. It was also used as a school and for public meetings. The building is now the home of the Stoughton Historical Society which was established in 1960.